Monday, February 26, 2007

Week One Day One

Hello there! I have started the South Beach way of life. I do not say diet, because diets fail. What are the first three letters in diet? Die. So, my philosophy is that if you keep in mind that it is a way of life, you will succeed. My niece has been on it for a little while and has lost 40 pounds. I hope that I am just as successful! Today is Day One. I had two breakfast cups this morning, with coffee. I can't bring myself to choke down the tomato V-8 juice. Ugghh! So, I ate breakfast at about 7:30. At 10:30 I got hungry. I didn't remember to look at the book when I grabbed my snack. I decided on two Clausson spears. It filled me up, but as I write this, I am still feeling the hunger pangs.

This is a picture of me and a cousin. This is the only picture I have of me that gives an idea of what the whole picture looks like. The other pictures were of my wedding, and that was almost a year ago. I do not know how much I weigh, but I fit into size 16 pants and XL tops. I would love to get back to at least a size 10, and ideally a size 8.

I am eager to get started. I have marked my South Beach recepie books with recepies I want to try. I have only marked phase 1, as I am not able to eat phase 2 foods.

I am excited to start this new way of life and would love to find others who are on the same journey!

No comments: